The Great WallApril 5, 2015
Posted by Kanga. Please do not reblog.
Taking a day trip from Beijing to the Great Wall at Badaling is one of the cheapest and easiest things a tourist can do.
1. Take the city metro train to the North Beijing Railway Station (3 or 4 yuan)
2. Take the S2 train to Badaling (6 yuan, really 6 yuan [$1.08] for over an hour on the train)
3. Take the free bus from the Badaling train station to the Great Wall.
4. Entrance to the Great Wall is 40 yuan per person.
5. When you are ready to leave, it’s back to the train station and another 6 yuan for the trip back to Beijing.
6. Metro back to your starting point 3 or 4 yuan.
Total 3 + 6 + 40 + 6 + 3 = 58 yuan = $9.67 per person
(Also note that the Great Wall is in the mountains, so unless you go in the heat of the summer, take a good coat, gloves, and scarf. I was SO cold.)
So, now I have been to 2 of the 7 new wonders of the world — Petra and the Great Wall — only 5 more to go.